Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Car Prowls

The Laurelhurst Blog received this information about recent car prowls:

We live on the 3800 block of 46th Avenue NE and in the past two weeks we have had two cars burgled that were certainly locked. There were no signs of forced entry, but this time they brazenly left doors and the rear hatch wide open. I am told they may be using a scanner that sends a barrage of codes at electronic locks and sometimes gets it right.  
We live on the 4800 block of NE 41st Street and our car was burgled sometime between 4pm April  and 3pm on April 4th.  There was no forced entry, even though I am certain that I locked the door.  The door was left ajar with the driver's seat pushed all the way back and the console open and obviously rifled through.  Nothing was stolen as I never leave anything in my car.

No comments: