LCC invites neighbors to its monthly meeting on the second Monday of each month at 7pm at the Laurelhurst Community Center Fireside Room.
This information was recently published in their monthly hard-copy newsletter:
Dues Time + A Look Back on LCC’s Work in 2016
Neighbors recently received LCC’s 2017 membership brochure and dues statement in the mail. Your $60 dues payment supports proactive efforts on land-use matters, sidewalk safety, environmental and traffic issues, neighborhood improvements, community forums, email updates, website hosting, crime prevention program, and more. An extra $20 contribution pays for landscape maintenance on the Mary Gates Way / NE 41st Street planted median. Additional contributions are always welcome to support special neighborhood projects.
2016 activity highlights of your all-volunteer LCC board:
- Along with other councils, sending a strong message to City Council and the Mayor to oppose camping in the City’s parks.
- Continuing work with SPD on public safety and increased coverage.
- Working with WSDOT and community coalitions on SR520 Bridge issues concerning overlighting and noise from expansion joints.
- Continuing negotiations for a neighborhood-friendly Talaris redevelopment as well as lobbying for better property maintenance.
- Continuing to address neighbors’ concerns regarding transportation issues and gridlock through letters to City Council, Children’s Hospital, University Village, and the University of Washington.
- Challenging the City’s major upzone proposal for the U District.
- Meeting with Seattle Children’s Hospital on monitoring helicopter landings, traffic, and parking issues as well as plans for the construction of the proposed Forest Building B.
- Retaining connecting bus service between Laurelhurst and the new Light Rail Station at Husky Stadium.
- Collaborating with the University of Washington on new buildings, its 10-year master plan process, and transportation solutions.
- Providing input to the City of Seattle on affordable housing proposals and monitoring land-use change issues such as DADUs.
- Recommending the retention of the City’s neighborhood councils.
- Restoring the landscaped median strips and eliminating diseased plants along Mary Gates Way, NE 41st St.
- Providing the private security patrol subscription service.
LCC appreciates your continued generosity and support. You may pay dues on LCC’s secure website (preferred) or can be mailed to:Laurelhurst Community ClubPMB #3734616 25th Ave. NESeattle, WA 98105