Friday, October 7, 2016

Multiple Car Prowls Reported


The Laurelhurst Blog received this information of car prowl incidents from neighbors:

We live in the 4400 block of 54th Avenue NE and sometime between 11pm on  Saturday, 9/1 and 9an 9/2 on Sunday morning, 9/2, someone rifled through my car that was parked in front of our house.  I awoke to find the contents of the car scattered throughout the inside of the my car.  I am certain the car was locked, but there was no apparent damage or sign of access, so not sure how they got into the car.  I don't believe there was anything of value in the car, aside from a bit of pocket change, that they took.  A bit later in the afternoon, I was walking the dog, and spoke with another neighbor who also had their car ransacked overnight.  I certainly wish our Mayor and City Council would focus more attention on criminal activities in our neighborhoods.  More neighborhood police patrols would certainly be welcomed to deter these ever increasing property crimes.

I live on the 4200 block of 51st Avenue NE and on 10 /1, prowlers opened my locked car between 9pm and 5am and petty personal items were removed. Thanks to the efforts of the Laurelhurst Blog, we have kept our vehicles free of valuables over the past two years. Any neighbors with street side cameras on this block might be lucky enough to grab footage of prowlers.  That's all the information I have at this time. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

We heard that our neighbor in the 3900 block of 50th Avenue NE had two of their SUVs rifled through on Saturday evening. The inside of the car was rifled through and a few small items were taken. 


1 comment:

Caitlin Hart said...

It has been a fairly common occurrence in my area of Bryant to have keyless entry cars opened by a frequency amplifier. Thieves can buy a device for fairly cheap that will amplify the signal of keys from within peoples' houses so that it unlocks the car outside. If you have keyless entry, consider buying a metal box for your keys to block the signal - look online to find kinds that might work.