WSDOT sent out this notice about SR520 activity:
Heads up: Girder delivery and installation scheduled to start Sept. 12
Starting the night of Monday, Sept. 12, crews plan to deliver girders to the West Approach Bridge North Project (WABN) construction site via truck along East Lake Washington Boulevard and 24th Avenue East. Truck will deliver girders up to five nights per week, Monday through Friday, for the next few months.
Crews will start installing girders over Foster Island and work their way west towards the shoreline. Crews plan to install them nightly as they are delivered.
As girders are delivered and installed, you can expect:
If you have concerns about noise or lights when girders are being installed, please call our 24-hour construction hotline (206-708-4657).
Questions? Come to our WABN monthly meeting on Sept. 7 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Graham Visitors Center to get the latest news on girder delivery and installation. You can ask the team questions and stay up-to-date on construction progress.
Trails at the Union Bay Natural Area (UBNA) are open through Sept. 5. Intermittent closures may begin again on Sept. 6 as the contractor completes installing irrigation lines and excavating two wetland creation areas. The contractor has approximately 10 additional trail closure days to finish this work, which is expected to be completed in September. After the work is completed, trails are scheduled to stay open for the remainder of the project which is expected to be completed in spring 2017.
How to reach us and stay informed during WABN construction:
- Call the 24-hour construction hotline (206-708-4657) with pressing questions or concerns.
- Email WABN staff with your questions about the project or construction activities.
- Join us for our monthly meetings on the first Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Graham Visitors Center.
- Visit the SR 520 Orange Page for the most up-to-date information on closures and construction impacts.
- Visit the WABN project website to find general information about the project.
- Follow us on Twitter @wsdot_520 to get key news and updates about the SR 520 program.