Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Update On Long Time Laurelhurst Resident And Dialysis Patient


 
Charda and her dog, Ginger


Charda Hastings, a long-time Laurelhurst resident, who we profiled in April and did a follow-up post in June, has experienced medical challenges for the majority of her life, being on dialysis and currently waiting for a kidney transplant.

She recently sent the Laurelhurst Blog an update:

I am forever indebted to the Laurelhurst blog for your support and
help in my struggle and fight for a transplant and the funds needed.  Thank you for running my story and for the blog's impact helping me to reach out to this wonderful community. I am proud to have been a member of this community for the last fifteen years.   
I would like to provide an update to let you and the community know where I stand.If you would be so kind as to run the update, I would be most appreciative.   
First, I would like to thank the Laurelhurst community and everyone else, who has donated already to my kidney Transplant fund. Next I would like to let my Laurelhurst community, whom I cherish greatly, know where we are in this process.   
I have an appointment with the transplant team on December 30, 2014.  That is if nothing happens to delay me. (Such as another infection.) I had 2 knee surgeries in 2 weeks time in November.  
This last part of the fund raiser is the most crucial part.  I still need $6,000 to complete the $9,000 Total to pay a caregiver for 24/7 care and other transplant expenses. Other items I have to purchase, for example, are gloves, masks, infection control gowns, and wound care supplies and lots of Purell.  I think this is just the very bare necessities I will need.  
If there is anyone who can alert the media?  That would be of great help to my plea for a transplant and raising funds.   
I am so looking forward to a Brand New Year and a chance at a brand new life, which I have yet to live. Thank you so much for all your support. Without it I would not have a prayer.


Donations can be made to Go Fund Me or:
CHARDA HASTINGS DONATION ACCOUNT
KEY BANK - UNIVERSITY VILLAGE
4715 25TH AVE NE
SEATTLE,  WA 98105

Charda can be reached at Charda.Hastings@gmail.com and 206-527-0661.

No comments: