Monday, July 11, 2011

Reader Recommeds Opening Your Door To An Interesting Solicitor

We received this email from a reader about Andrew, the knife sharpener, making the door to door rounds in the neighborhood:

After reading about so many posts on blog about people coming to the door soliciting was a little hesitant to open the door when this guy came, turned out to be a great decision!



Andrew, aka "Your Knife Guy", sharpens any/all knives, lawn blades, saws, axes while he sits on the front porch--totally convenient and the price can't be beat ($3/knife)!

He uses Japanese cutting stones, was trained by a master sharpener, very professional, and gives you an info paper so you can look online at reviews of his work.


Definitely open your door to Andrew when he comes knocking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same great experience. He sharpened my knives for a great deal $3 (even scissors)
I am so glad I opened the door to him and listened to what he was saying.

Lisa Farino said...

Wow. Does the knife guy have a business card? I have a no soliciting sign up, so a legit guy like him wouldn't knock on my door. But I'd love to tell him to come by when he's in my hood. I would definitely solicit his business. Last time I had my knives sharpened was in my third trimester and my son is now 13 months old!