Tomorrow from 10:30 - to 12:30 p.m., in the Seattle Children's Administration Building (6901 Sand Point Way NE), there will be a free ski helmet fitting and giveaway for children 4 years old to age 18.
The information says:
Get your kids set for the winter ski season at this free ski and snowboard helmet fitting and giveaway. Wearers must be present and fitted to receive a helmet; supplies are limited. Quantities are limited. First come, first served. No appointments needed.And here are some tips posted on the Children's website about proper helmet fit:
- Choose a certified helmet made just for snow sports. Look for a helmet that meets ASTM F2040, Snell RS-98 or CEN 1077 standards.
- Bring the goggles that your child will wear on the slopes to make sure they work with the helmet you choose.
- The pads are flush against your child’s cheeks and forehead.
- The back of the helmet does not touch the nape of your child’s neck.
- It is snug, but not tight, with the chinstrap fastened.
- The helmet sits level, with the front edge being no more than 1 inch above your child’s eyebrows.
- The helmet does not roll forwards or backwards.
- It does not shift when your child shakes their head from side to side.
(photo courtesy of Hospital website)