Friday, June 13, 2014

Laurelhurst Resident Reports "Vicious Dog" at Metro Market

We received this email:

When I was at Metro Market on Wednesday about 3pm, there was a very large brown dog tied to the fence.  Looked like a mix between a Great Dane and a lab.   
As I walked by, the dog lunged at me.  He bit my wrist and broke the skin on both sides of my wrist and ripped the sleeve of my sweatshirt.  It scared me very badly.   
I was very shook up as I love dogs and all animals.  And, I wasn’t doing anything to antagonize the dog—just walking by.  I went into the store to report the incident.  Two people from the store came out to see the dog.   
While we were standing there, a bicyclist rode right by the dog and the dog lunged at him, too.   
By this time, the dog’s owner came out.  He yelled at his dog who barked loudly when another customer walked by.  The dog owner didn’t apologize for the dog bite or offer to replace my sweatshirt.   
He just told me I shouldn’t walk so close to dogs.  I alerted the store management because I didn’t want anyone else to get hurt. 
Had I not had on a long sleeve thick sweatshirt, the vicious dog would have likely gotten another bite out of me.  My wrist is so swollen now, without the sweatshirt and my quick reaction, the dog could likely have broken my wrist.  I wish I would have had the wherewithal to take a photo on my phone.  
Please, everyone, be cautious if you see this dog.  Please be careful if you see a very big dog tied to the fence.

No comments: