Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Car Break-In About a Month Ago

Another reader sent us email letting us know that her car was broken into about a month ago. 

The car was parked on NE 43rd, east of the park.

The reader said the car was unlocked and unfortunately a wallet left in the front seat was stolen. The neighbor's car, also unlocked, had an i pod stolen.

The reader said:

It is the 5 or 6th time it has happened on our street in the past few years. I canceled my cc and phoned the police. I highly recommend reporting so they can document.

A week later a neighbor called to say she found my Nordstrom card on the street. I asked for the exact location it was found. She told me at the bus stop across from the park on NE 41st. I went up there and found my wallet thrown in the bushes. My drivers license, ATM card, Credit cards, etc. were still in there. Only thing missing was a $5 Target gift card I got in the mail. Again, I reported it to the police.

My suspicion is they are kids canvassing the neighborhood opening unlocked cars looking for cash and easy to sell items. I am glad I got my brand new Coach wallet back and my license. I was worried about identity theft.

I try to remember to always lock my car doors and not to leave anything of value in the car. I am thinking of having my big dog sleep in the car at night!

No comments: